I would like to begin by thanking Janice from The Simple Beginner and Nisha of Nisha’s Niche, for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much for thinking of my blog, it is indeed an honour. I think this is a great award, as it helps others to ‘discover new blogs’.
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions set by them.
- Give 11 additional facts about yourself (I won’t be doing this, as I have two sets of 11 questions to answer).
- Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for them to answer.
- Let them know that they have been nominated.
1. If you could only choose from: sweet, savoury or sour foods. Which would you eat for a year?
Savoury (anything that I can eat with ketchup!).
2. If you visited (or live in) Australia, where would you like to go and why?
Sydney – it looks beautiful in movies.
3. How many are there in your family? (Including your pet/s)
Four – me, my husband and our two boys.
4. What is your all time favourite food?
Chips/French fries (You guessed it, with lots of ketchup!).
5. What are you currently studying at school/college/university? If you’re not studying, what do you do for work?
I studied Engineering but am taking a break from work until my children are older.
6. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Nothing too exciting. I like creative things and my name is Tifa… Creatifa.
7. What are you currently listening to?
I only listen to music in the car and whilst I’m cooking. I like Bollywood music.
8. What TV show are you currently watching?
Right now – Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. In my own time – Great British Sewing Bee.
9. What’s your favourite thing to do on Sundays?
I try to get all the housework done in advance, so I can relax and spend time with my family.
10. Are you a morning or night time person?
11. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I’m usually woken up by my boys jumping on me, so I pick up my phone to check the time, and if it’s not ridiculous’o’clock, my day starts with lots of cuddles and kisses. 🙂
1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
My children will be in secondary school by then, so I’ll probably be back at work. I hope nothing much else changes in my life.
2. What is your secret talent?
I only ever played the recorder at school, so am by no means musically trained, but if I hear music, I can figure out the notes on the piano.
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Lack of personal hygiene.
4. If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
Back to the 60’s – it seems like a fun time, and I would love to see my parents as children.
5. Who is your idol?
I wouldn’t say ‘idol’ but I look up to my dad – he’s amazing!
6. What is the last book you’ve read?
Oh dear, I haven’t read anything in years. I read children’s books daily. I read ‘The Bear Under The Stairs’ by Helen Cooper, this morning.
7. Where is your favourite place to shop at?
Next – for me and the children.
8. Is there a cause that are you passionate about and if so, why?
Any organisation that helps and protects children. It breaks my heart when children are unwell or being mistreated.
9. What is one item you cannot leave your home without?
My mobile phone – I wish it wasn’t so.
10. During your childhood, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A pilot. I don’t know why, I just did.
11. What piece of advice would you give to other bloggers?
Write about things that interest you, that way you will be motivated to keep writing.
Blogs that I nominate:
Journal of an Indonesian College Student – “Fiction, Poetry and Rants“
Living Life – “Along with all decent & indecent experiences“.
Hush, Lola! – “Bucking the “trend” – Personal musings and geek science… from a girl“
*Boy Beauty – “Good Skincare/Good Make Up. Good Feelings.”
MarvelousMummy – “Live simply. Dream big. Be grateful. Give love. Laugh lots.”
Bowlingchef’s Blog – “I am a Chef, that has taken his creatvity of Foods and turned it into a creativity of Words.“
Ambrosia Stitches – “Sharing my love of hand embroidery“.
A Woman’s True Fit Couture… wtfcouture – “Vintage, Sewing, Couture, Musings, Crafts, Mothering“
EngineerDog.com – “Fascinating, Fun & Free Engineering Insights & Resources“.
Saving School Math – Howard’s Philosophy: “Learning without understanding is a waste of time.”
Unfair Fallacy – “Exploring the Uninhibited Imagination and Fooling Around With The Human Condition“.
I have included eleven blogs of varying content, as they all captured my interest, and I always look forward to reading new posts from them.
My questions for you:
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is your favourite pastime?
- What is your favourite season?
- What is your favourite city in the world?
- What is your favourite TV show?
- Who is your favourite famous person (dead or alive)?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What is your favourite quality in others?
- What is your favourite quality in yourself?
- Why did you start your blog?
Do you notice a theme in my questions? Not very imaginative for a supposedly creative person. I tried to keep them simple and wanted everyone to get to know you a little, and see for themselves just how awesome you are! Short answers are fine but feel free to elaborate, the longer, the better.
Thanks again to Janice and Nisha for this opprtunity. Make sure you check out all the blogs I have mentioned.
EDIT: Many thanks also to Isabeau, of Beauty by Isabeau, for nominating me for this award.
1. Which celebrity would you like to meet in person?
Salman Khan (Bollywood actor) … although just thinking about it is making me SO nervous!
2. How many lipsticks do you own?
Erm… my husband reads my blog, so I think it’s safer not to answer. I don’t have that many, it’s well within double digits!
3. What is your hair color?
4. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Ears and nose pierced. No tattoos.
5. How tall are you?
Not very 😦 Around 5’2″.
6. If you had 1000 euros/dollars/pounds what would you do with it?
The old me would’ve said “spend it immediately” but being married to a Banker, I’d have to say “invest it”!
7. Did you ever go to a concert/festival?
I went to a Smash Hits concert with my friends when I was 12 or 13.
8. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
That’s so difficult, I love ice cream! Vanilla ice cream makes everything taste better but mint chocolate chip, cookie dough, or something with butterscotch, fudge or toffee if I’m having ice cream on it’s own.
9. Which color nail polish are you wearing right now?
I don’t really wear nail polish. I only own two – a red one and a nude pink one!
10. What kind of post would you like to see on my blog?
I like discovering drugstore dupes for high-end cosmetics.
11. What is your favorite store to shop?
Next and Primark for every-day clothes. John Lewis/Fenwicks for cosmetics, partywear, accessories etc, and just to browse all the pretty things. 🙂